- October 2012
- The 4th edition of the Clinical CL Pocket guide as well as the revised Healthy SOFT CL Habits and the newly created Healthy GP CL Habits were developped over the summer of 2012. They were recently delivered to all the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year optometry students, residents and clinical faculty at all the 22 north American schools and colleges of optometry. These educational tools will assist in the CL education of students as well as the education of patients in the importance of care and handling of contact lenses.
- June 2012
- The AOCLE held its annual meeting at the Indiana University (IU) campus on June 7-10, 2012. Contact lens educators and representatives from the contact lens industry were on hand to visit the campus, exchange educational approaches and see the latest research at the IU optometry school. This year's theme focused on "Current Controversies in Optometry". Keynote speakers included Dr. Des Fonn on the controversies surrounding corneal staining, Dr. Carolyn Begley on dry eye and Dr. Loretta Szczotka-Flynn on corneal infiltrates. Highlights of the meeting also included the recognition of the George Mertz New Educator Travel Award recipients; Drs Amy Dinardo (MCO), Nikki Rai (UW) and Christina Newman (SCCO). Dr. Jan Jurkus (ICO) was awarded the Les Janoff Memorial Award recognizing an exception contact lens educator. A huge thank you goes out to our IU hosts and supporting industry for providing an excellent opportunity to network, make new friends and learn more about contact lens education.
- April 2012
- The 2012 AOCLE Annual Workshop will be June 7-9. This year's program will be hosted by Indiana University School of Optometry in Bloomington, IN, and will focus on current controversies in optometry. Faculty attendees will attend group sessions focused on controversial optometric topics where opposing viewpoints are debated by experts in the field, with time for discussion afterwards. Topics include corneal staining, corneal infiltrates and dry eye. There will also be industry presentations on changes in the contact lens field. Attendees will have the opportunity to visit IUSO's facilities, including the new Atwater Eye Care Clinic.
- June 2011
- The AOCLE held its annual meeting at PCO-SALUS University campus on June 2-5. Contact lens educators from all the 22 north american schools/colleges of optometry met, along with representatives from several supporting companies, to exchange ideas and network to enhance CL education. This year's theme was all about cornea, from the latest surgeries to the latest developments for keratoconic patients. Highlights included recognizing award recipients, such as Dr. Kathryn Richdale (OSU) for the Mertz New Educator Award, Dr. Joel Silbert (PCO-SALUS) for the Janoff Memorial Award, Dr. Michael Harris (Berkeley) for the Lifetime Achievement Award and Dr. Gina Sorbara (Waterloo) for the Faculty Development Grant. Check out the Awards section and the Multimedia section for more info! A huge thank you the PCO-SALUS team for hosting a great meeting!
- March 2011
- The next workshop is being organized and will be hosted by the Pennsylvania College of Optometry (PCO) at Salus University. The theme for the meeting is Cornea, Cornea, Cornea and will be held at PCO between June 2-5, 2011 - Dr. Joel Silbert (email@example.com) is the program coordinator
- »»» Schedule (pdf - 162k)
- Photos of our Officers at work 2009 & 2010
- Book Signings
Houston's Workshop Event